Winter Solstice & Yoga Online Workbook
Somewhere deep inside we all know that our wellbeing depends on our ability to live in harmony with the natural rhythms of the Sun, the Moon, the Earth, and the turning of the seasons. The artificial nature of modern homes and workplaces allow us to override our diurnal rhythms and the promptings of our body clock. Of course, lighting, heating, phones, and computers are all valuable assets in our lives, but our health can suffer when we are out of synch with the natural rhythm of the natural world. The winter blues, lethargy, frenetic activity followed by overwhelm and tiredness, are all symptoms of this imbalance.
In this course we will look at ways that we can realign our energy with the prevailing energy of the season, respecting our need to rest, whilst at the same time topping up our energy levels so that we are able to cope with the demands and opportunities of the season.
Here’s a summary of what we will cover in the course:
- The importance of pausing, resting, and reflecting during the winter months.
- How to use your yoga practice to energise and relax.
- We'll open a treasure chest of inspiration to bring light into the dark days of winter.
- You'll tune into the shift of energy from inner to outer, yin to yang, that occurs at the Winter Solstice and set your intentions for the coming growing season, planting seeds of hope.
- We'll celebrate the value of darkness and welcome back the return of the light at the Winter Solstice.
Find out more...